Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Simple and Easy Chili

Who doesn't love Simple and Easy?  I have modified many different recipes trying to find a cheep and Delicious chili.  The kids come home excited to have supper (they don't care for chili) but they love this recipe probably because it's not spicy.
OK...all you need is......
2 cans of light red kidney beans (I picked up the HyVee brand 89 cents each) rinsed
2 cans of dark red kidney beans (also HyVee brand for 89 cents each)  Also rinsed
2 large (29 oz) Hunts sauce ($1.88 a piece)
1 can of diced tomatoes (HyVee brand 89 cents)
1 lb of stew meat (on sale for 4.17 I think!) Browned
1 lb of ground turkey (trust me...it is delicious, my fiance was skeptical until he tried the finished product)(2.68)  browned
1 package of McCormick Chili seasoning (.99 any brand will work)
4 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (I had on hand)

Get out the crock pot and throw it all in.  Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours and I then turn it to low until we are ready to eat.  It can be put on low for 6 to 8 hours if you want to throw it all together before leaving for work or etc.
So for less then 15 dollars you can have supper tonight plus lots of left overs.  We have a family of 5 on a regular bases (6 if we have the munchkin! but I haven't tried feeding a 2 year this.  The older kids 6 to 10 years old love it).


We put cheese and oyster crackers in ours! Top with your favorite topping!
Enjoy!






*Shanna Marie*



No comments:

Post a Comment